01 dezembro 2023

The Pogues - A Rainy Night In Soho


I've been loving you a long time / 
Down all the years, down all the days / 
And I've cried for all your troubles / 
Smiled at your funny little ways / 
We watched our friends grow up together / 
And we saw them as they fell / 
Some of them fell into Heaven / 
Some of them fell into Hell / 
I took shelter from a shower / 
And I stepped into your arms / 
On a rainy night in Soho / 
The wind was whistling all its charms / 
I sang you all my sorrows / 
You told me all your joys / 
Whatever happened to that old song? / 
To all those little girls and boys / 
Sometimes I'd wake up in the morning / 
The ginger lady by my bed / 
Covered in a cloak of silence / 
I'd hear you talking in my head / 
I'm not singing for the future / 
I'm not dreaming of the past / 
I'm not talking of the first times / 
I never think about the last / 
Now the song is nearly over / 
We may never find out what it means / 
Still there's a light I hold before me / 
You're the measure of my dreams /
The measure of my dream

Sem comentários: